Over the course of 12 years, EcoAmmo has had a significant impact on our community with a small team of 7 people. We have worked on 30% of the LEED certified projects in the Edmonton area alone!
EcoAmmo is on the leading edge of sustainable and high-performance building design and construction. As leaders, we have participated in numerous ‘firsts’ in our industry such as:
- The first LEED neighbourhood developments in Alberta and British Columbia
- All three certified LEED Platinum projects in Edmonton
- The first Net Zero Energy designed home in Edmonton
- The first Net Zero Energy designed commercial building in Alberta
- The first Net Zero Energy designed firehall in Edmonton
- The first Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) project in Alberta
- The first projects in our region to attempt Living Building Challenge, WELL, and Zero Carbon
We have also been honoured and recognized by our community in the following ways:
- 2011 & 2012 Winner of the City of Edmonton's Small Business Eco-Challenge
- 2012 Stephani was selected as one of NAIT's Top 50 Alumni in 50 years
- 2011 Stephani was featured on the front cover of Avenue Magazine
- 2009 Stephani was featured on the front page of the Edmonton Journal for Earth Day
- 2009 EcoAmmo was featured in Alberta Venture's Green Issue
- 2008 Stephani was selected as a Mover and Shaker by Alberta Construction Magazine
- 2008 Stephani was selected as a Sizzling Twenty under Thirty by Edmontonian's magazine
Community Collaboration Projects
EcoAmmo believes in the collaborative approach to Transition the World Towards Sustainability. We have participated in various collaborative projects with the green building community including this one with the OPEN Green Building Society. If you require LEEDv4 specifications for your project, click on the image to the right to download a free copy from the OPEN website.
EcoAmmo, a JUST Organization
To commemorate our 12th anniversary we underwent an evaluation of social justice and equity to become a JUST organization. By optimizing our policies and showing our commitment to corporate transparency we earned a JUST label which serves our employees, our business and our community.
EcoAmmo may be small but our systems are world class. We follow international standards that place us in the company of leading edge global organizations.